Thursday, January 21, 2010

Leave Something Good Behind

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
I read this quote and absolutely loved it. I loved the part I highlighted basically stating I am exchanging a day of my life for this day. It is totally up to me what I want to do with my life on this specific day and each day from now on. In reading this it lets me know I will do what I can to make the most of each day. It is amazing to me that since starting this challenge, my way of thinking and doing things has changed so much. I honestly didn't believe I had so much that needed changing. I guess when I decided to be completely honest with myself, it was like an "extreme makeover" on the inside. I am liking what I am seeing and what I am doing so I know this challenge is working for me. We're almost to the end of week 3 and I am amazed at the posts and comments made by others on their own blogs and in response to mine. In the beginning I had hoped I could do this, then believed I could. Now I know I can.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Yes that is a great quote and yes YOU can do this.

I'm sorry about Uncle Carl.

Brenda said...

What an awesome feeling to have!