Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Shoot For the Moon

Here it is just after midnight and once again I am still awake. Bob had me take a natural relaxer/sleep enhancer called "Melissa". The dose is 2 to 3 an hour before bedtime...yeah, that was just over two hours ago. My guess is a little stress is keeping me awake. My mind is constantly thinking when I try to sleep. I have tried so many "self-help" ideas from different so called "professionals". Nothing has helped. Even if I try to think of nothing at all, my brain starts thinking about not thinking of something. Many nights I go to bed at a normal time only to lay in bed awake for an hour or two. I have tried getting up after 15 or 20 minutes and I have also waited for what seems like forever. Even if I get up early, you would think I would sleep good that night but I still lay awake. Most nights I don't even want to go to bed because I know I'll just lay there! I am not eating or drinking anything (caffeine, etc.) that would keep me awake. Any ideas? Anyway, since I am awake, and it is now Day 3 of Week 3, I figured it was OK to go ahead and post for today.
Once again, I have two inspirational/motivational quotes to post. Both are favorites of mine and always have been.
The first one is by Mark Twain: "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on earth."
The second quote is by Les Brown: "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you'll land among the stars."
I absolutely love these quotes. Be ourselves. Do what makes us happy. If we fail it means we at least tried and we can try again. That is what this challenge is all about for me. I have never attempted this type of challenge with pure dedication and conviction. I started this challenge so determined to make it work for me no matter how hard it was. The funny thing is, that I now look forward to each day of the challenge. Honestly (and maybe this is because of Angie's blog), I may actually be jogging before the end of this 10 weeks! I love the walking we have been doing and there are times during the walk that I honestly feel like I want to jog but I have held back. I want to try Angie's routine of the jog/walk combination. (If you haven't checked out Angie's blog, you need to. It motivates me!) Kelli, I know I have said it before, but thank you so much for putting this challenge out there for us! I honestly can't wait for the next one!!

No comments: